To register a session, please send Tim Gow the following information, preferably by email (contact details in Nugget) or by leaving a comment on THIS post.
- Name of presenter(s)
- Contact email address for presenter (this will be provided only to VCOW attendees)
- Title of session
- Type of session – e.g. Role play, matrix, toy soldier, committee, lecture.
- Approx. number of participants
- Running time
- A few lines of chat about the session for the updates and programme
- Preferred time slot (day, morning, or afternoon)
- Media for participating (Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp, etc.) Support is available to presenters with little or no experience of such platforms. A number of WD members have Zoom licences.
- Sessions or presenters you’d prefer not to clash with.
Presenters are urged to keep session length to multiples of 90 minutes. Breaks between sessions will be longer than is usual - partly to limit ‘screen time’ and because unlike at Knuston, some attendees may have to cook their own meals!
The deadline for session submissions to be included in the programme is 12 noon on Monday 15 June.
The timetable will be published w/c 22 June.
Booking for players/participants attending sessions will open on 1 July.
Booking are to be made by attendees contacting the session presenter (or facilitator) by email.
Session presenters will then confirm by email and send out instructions and briefing materials as appropriate. It is the responsibility of presenters to ensure their players have the appropriate IT.
If you have booked to attend a session please be ready 10 minutes before the start time as presenters will not wait for you and you may lose your place. Session end times must be rigorously observed
Provisional timetable slots are as follows:
1920-1930 Welcome and opening remarks - Tim Gow & Bob Cordery
1930-1955 Plenary lecture 1 - Peter Perla
2000-2020 Plenary lecture 2 - Mark Herman
2030-2200 Late ADG slot
1030-1100 morning break
1230-1400 break for lunch
1600-1630 afternoon break
1800-2000 break for dinner
1100-1130 morning break
1310-1345 Virtual WD AGM